Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An Open Letter to the Cat that followed me into my house today-


Dear Kitty,

You are really quite cute. In fact, if I was to be searching for a feline companion, you would do just fine, and then some. The endearing way you circled me, and insisted on visiting warmed my heart. Your smooth black coat and shiny eyes and that adorable meow are all quite fetching, and yet you must go. First, you refused the Spam I gave you. It might not be your brand, but honestly it is the closest thing I have to cat food. And the claw marks across my bed as a result of trying to extract you from my fluffy pillow - well that was the last straw, at least for the time being. Shooo, shoooo! Your family is missing you! I will put up posters and ask around but I cannot, with good conscience, accept you as a roommate. If I find you on my doorstep in subsequent days, we can discuss this. Otherwise, we've reached the end of our time together. May your padded feet walk softly on the road ahead.

"Goodnight, goodnight! Parting is such sweet sorrow
That I shall say goodnight till it be morrow." Billy Shakes aka William Shakespeare

No comments: