Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Friendship

Friendship has the oddest ability to transform us. Anyone who has been reading my sparse posts knows that I have been suffering from a broken heart as of late, and that it is slowly mending its pieces back into one. Over the last few weeks, a few people have come into my life that have transformed my tired and mournful existence and put me 'back on track' in some odd way.

The Characters:

Scarlett is the quintessential ex-stripper single mom with a passion for life and boundless energy. She is spirited, vivacious and crass. I love this girl and her tag-along toddler. Between these two alone, life is a wild adventure.
Bruno is a recently separated production company caterer with a heart of gold, a personality to match and enough sadness to drown us all if we let it.
Bubba has better one liners than any top shelf stand up comedian, but he is stuck keeping us entertained at the moment. He has been my friend for years, and is the one who introduced me to Bruno.
In the last few weeks we have all become inseparable. It seems when a bunch of mismatched social butterflies finds their niche, they can't seem to shake it easily. We have spent every waking moment together. WE LOVE EACH OTHER! We are all odd in one way or another. Scarlett has a psychotic ex-boyfriend who won't leave her alone. Bruno has a real life stalker and a hostile ex-wife. Bubba is just lovable all around, but his girlfriend resents the time he spends with us. And me, well I am the eternal mother, keeping my wings wide over my flock and loving each and every idiosyncratic one of them, and the space they fill in my life. Beautiful people are a wonderful thing to find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you know some great people.

A Bee said...

Hi from Ireland. You are inspirational :)